Work with us!
Exciting Careers at Vermes Machine.
Vermes Machine Co., Inc. (VMC) is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company, offering competitive wages, health benefits, and 401K participation and a comfortable work environment in our fully air conditioned 23,000 sq. ft. facility. We are constantly growing and always on the look-out for both experienced candidates and those looking to learn the trade. If you are a CNC programmer or operator, manual machinist or toolmaker, or you are just looking to get into the trade, please fill out the form to the left and send us your resume.
Shipping and Receiving/Driver
- Candidates should be focused, detail oriented, and ready to learn.
- Inventory Management experience.
- Experience scheduling shipments (UPS, FED EX, Common Carrier, etc.).
- Ability to multi-task and perform tasks efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Clean driving record is mandatory.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass an entry physical (including drug screening).
- Forklift experience.
- Proficiency using power tools to build crates and protective packaging of parts preferred
This is a full time opening in the Shipping & Receiving Department for an experienced, detail oriented, and hardworking candidate who can also deliver and pick-up orders in the Tri-State area using our company vehicles.
CNC Set-up / Programmer (Turning and Milling)
- Minimum 5-10 year’s experience in job-shop environment
- Solid working knowledge with:
- blue print reading
- comfort with inspection techniques and instruments
- G-code programming
- Knowledge of speeds and feeds with a variety of materials
- Fanuc and/or Haas control experience preferred
- (Milling) Vertical machining center set-up and programming experience required
- (Lathe) 2 axis and 5 axis experience for lathe preferred
- CAD experience a plus (FeatureCam used at VMC)
The ability to program and set-up a job from start to finish is required. Operating the machine for the length of short-run and prototype jobs, while having the ability to train operators to run and inspect high quantity orders is a must.